- Transcripts from all institutions attended while away are required. We prefer digital transcripts be sent to email@example.com. If you can only mail, please be sure they are sent to our office and not simply to Rensselaer. Transcripts that are not addressed properly often are misdirected to Admissions or the Registrar's office.
- Note: A delay in receipt of transcripts will delay or invalidate your readmission application, unofficial transcripts may be sent in advance but cannot replace official ones.
- Create a plan of study and send it to your academic advisor/department for review. Request a letter from your academic advisor or department to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your agreed upon proposed plan of study starting with the semester of readmission and each semester until graduation and anything the advisor or department would like to be taken into consideration as the readmission decision is made. If you are planning on changing your major upon your return to Rensselaer, you should contact the department you would like to transition into. N.B. Students who leave before completing their summer semester on campus or their away experience should discuss these with their department/advisor and address these in their academic plan.
Regardless of the type of leave you were on, if you received treatment germane to your leave of absence you are required to have your treating professional(s) complete the readiness to return form and send them to the Student Health Center.
- If you are a returning international student you will need to apply for a new I-20 or DS-2019 and a new F-1 or J-1 visa. The process to apply for a new I-20 or DS-2019 is completed through International Services for Students and Scholars (ISSS).
- Please contact ISSS for instructions on their documentation requirements for a new I-20 or DS-2019. You will provide all required documents to ISSS electronically.
- ISSS cannot issue the I-20 or DS-2019 until after the decision of your readmission, but they can review your documentation in advance and notify you of any adjustments which might be needed.
- For questions related to your I-20 or DS-2019, F-1 or J-1 visa, and other immigration matters, please contact ISSS directly at ISSSoffice@rpi.edu or +1-518-276-4966.
Where to send materials
Please have materials faxed or sent directly to our offices, except the readiness to return form which should be sent to the address on the form.
Student Success Office – Attn: Readmission
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
4600 Academy Hall
110 8th Street
Troy, NY 12180
Upload Required Materials