Welcome back! We hope your return to Rensselaer goes as smooth as possible. Here are suggestions to help you along the way. Feel free to contact our office if you run into any difficulty or if you have questions.
While you were away there were many important communications regarding COVID-19 and protocols for students. As a returning student it is important that you make yourself aware of these and comply.
All readmitted students will meet within the first two weeks of the semester with their Dean. This is a very important meeting and failure to schedule may result in holds on your account or rescinding your readmission. At this meeting we will discuss your leave and make a plan for your successful reacclimatization to campus.
Your readmission may have conditions like providing final transcripts from other institutions, meeting with your Class Dean regularly, or making Health Center or Counseling Center appointments, etc. Be sure to address these as soon as possible.
If you live in a residence hall, this will be updated for you. Be sure your permanent address is accurate.
- Log-on to http://sis.rpi.edu
- Click “Update Your Address/Change Your PIN”
- Click “Update your Address”
Other "To Do's"
If you have been physically away from the campus for one year or more, you must complete a new health form. Documents can be loaded online. Please contact the Student Health Center at (518) 276-6287 for details.
We now have additional security steps to access your Rensselaer email, SIS, and other university applications from your laptop, tablet, or phone. While off campus, you will have to connect to the VPN with a multi-factor authentication to access any of these Rensselaer applications. When connected to campus WiFi, VPN connection is not needed.
- First, you may be used to using your RIN as your username but you should now use your RSCID as your username. Your RCSID is the part of your RPI email preceding the "@" sign.
- To connect to the VPN with the multi-factor authentication, please follow these instructions: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360061042751-VPN-Connection-with-Multi-Factor-Authentication-using-Cisco-AnyConnect-Duo
- Once you’ve completed this process, you will continue to connect to VPN with the two-password login using the Duo app on your phone/tablet each time you need access to your Rensselaer email, SIS, etc.
- For VPN on your Android device, follow these instructions: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360046294492-VPN-Mobile-Device-Android
- For VPN on your iOS iPhone/iPad, follow these instructions: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360046680211-VPN-Mobile-Device-iOS-iPhone-iPad
- If you have difficulty with any of these, please submit a ticket to the IT Help Desk for assistance: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new
Check in with the ID desk on the first floor of the Rensselaer Union. They can reset your ID.
Contact the VCC Help Desk in person or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your RIN and RCS ID.
Work with the Registrar’s office. Forms can be found online at http://registrar.rpi.edu and can be turned in to their office on the 2000-level of Academy Hall or emailed to email@example.com.
Things may have changed between when you made your academic plan and when you are approved to register. Be sure the classes you are taking are appropriate and will work towards your degree.
Join or re-join clubs and activities to stay active. There may even be some new ones since you were last here!